Kenya Team Lead – USAID/CLEAR
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a qualified and experienced Kenya Team Lead –USAID/CLEAR for the USAID/Kenya CLEAR Program. The Program will support three components: to 1) promote the adoption and implementation of cooperative legislation and policies that support and strengthen cooperative business enterprises in 25 counties; 2) strengthen the business acumen and performance of cooperative businesses (CBs) while integrating and empowering youth and women within cooperative business enterprises in targeted urban and peri-urban markets to increase economic participation and county revenue growth; and 3) improve understanding of the psycho-social behavioral impacts associated with membership in cooperative business enterprises and determine whether those behaviors contribute positively to household and community resilience strategies.
He/she should bring sufficient experience in the overall management of complex projects, preferably in the area of economic growth and/or SMEs and cooperatives, to serve as the in country USAID representative of a multi country program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure efficient operations through daily oversight of CLEAR Kenya implementation, administration, financial management, and compliance;
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of annual work plans, semi-annual reports, monthly draws and performance monitoring reports, the integrated monitoring, evaluation and learning plan (IMELP) and other donor required reporting;
- Ensure program activities are carried out with quality and integrity and participate to ensure programmatic success;
- Ensure efficient provision of technical assistance, capacity building and support to sub-grantees and partner organizations as needed;
- Ensure adherence to organizational policies, processes, and internal controls to increase staff efficiency and effectiveness, as well as protect organizational assets;
- Ensure implementation is timely, fiscally responsible and in accordance with Global Communities and USAID regulations and procedures and the specifications determined in the Cooperative Agreement;
- Assure that the logistic team is operating in a reasonable, fair and expeditious manner and that appropriate procurement choices are made pursuant to USAID rules and regulations;
- Chair weekly meetings with the CLEAR COP or delegate and attend PMT meetings on an as needed basis;
- Oversee program operations for CLEAR office in Karen, Nairobi;
- Maintain all personnel policies to ensure compliance with local labor law, tax law, and USAID regulations;
- Be open to working in a non-traditional working environment with remote management and have strong cooperation and communication skills.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
An advanced degree in social sciences, international development, business administration, organizational management, finance, or another relevant field with at least five (5) years of relevant experience.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated managerial and team building skills and a strong history of leading a team with direct reports;
- At least five years relevant senior management experience working on donor-funded activities including oversight of work plans, budgeting, internal systems and M&E plans;
- Experience with grants or small grants under contract activities;
- Fluency in the USAID’s policies and procedures in regards to financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes, systems, and grants management;
- Previous experience overseeing projects in the areas of livelihoods, economic development, small business engagement strategies or similar;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with activity stakeholders: donors, partners, local government institutions, local communities and vulnerable groups, etc;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) in English.
- Excellent critical thinking skills;
- Excellent verbal, writing and reporting skills;
- Strong public speaking skills;
- High proficiency levels in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to be flexible with time schedule to allow for communication via Skype or other communication software with the Washington-based program team;
- Ability to travel domestically up to 40% of the time; Kenyan National strongly preferred.
- Based in Karen office with travel within and outside the country as required to perform duties.
- Able to work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to have flexible hours to allow for communication with Washington DC based supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply via email to: email@example.com
Please Quote the position title on the email subject while sending your application, attach your CV and cover letter, to be received not later than 16th August 2019.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer